Volunteer With Us!
On march day we need volunteers for approximately 5 hours to make our event a success.
- Marshals: Control the the marchers and set a pace during the march
- Captains: Coordinate various march activities
- Drivers: Deliver and return signage. Distribute water. Miscellaneous deliveries
- Parking Attendants: Park buses and other vehicles
- Crowd Counters: Estimate numbers of participants
- Donation Collectors: Collect donation funds
If you can contribute some time please phone or email us.
We also need:
- Experienced Media Person
Bring Your Family, Friends, Class, Church or Group on Thursday, May 9, 2019!
- Even though the May 9th March for Life is a work and school day, make this a priority in your life - book the afternoon off and attend!
- Consider coming to the other events in the March for Life Week
Support Our Mission Financially!
- Consider financially supporting the Alberta March for Life.
- Consider sharing some of your abundance with Pregnancy Care groups or similar ministries (they welcome gently used baby items as well).
- Consider directly supporting a mother or family who chose to have their child - even if the support is encouragement, babysitting or other acts of charity.
- Consider volunteering for one of many Pro-Life groups out of gratitude for Life.
- Consider making a Mothers Day gift to the cause of pro-life as a message of your gratitude to your own Mother.
- Tell others about the March for Life and other ways they can express their care and opposition to this injustice
- Contact your Member of Parliament regarding the need for a law and your Member of the Alberta Legislative Assembly to stop the funding of abortions
- Make this injustice a matter of your daily conversations with others, as you would raise any other tragedy in the news.
- Ask God for the boldness to speak up about this life and death issue and for the grace to share the truth in love.
- Pray for our own hearts to marvel at the miracle and gift of Life and how precious it is!
- Pray as a family for the protection of the unborn and for those struggling with the decision to keep their baby!
- Pray as a Church. Encourage your Church Leaders to include the protection of the unborn in regular times of prayer!
- Pray for the 40 Days for Life campaign in Edmonton and hundreds of other citie
- Prayerfully Participate in the Life Chain each October along with 100's of Cities across North America
- If you can not attend the March, please pray specifically for God's favor, protection and lives to be impacted on Thursday.
- Pray, Pray.Pray...'the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective' (James 5:16)
Sanctity of Life Prayers of the Faithful
- For parents and grandparents who have lost a child through abortion, that God will console them in their grief and lead them to forgiveness and healing. We pray to the Lord.
- That our faith awakens in us a renewed sense of awe and gratitude for the gift of human life, and a renewed determination to protect all lives from conception to natural death. Let us pray to the Lord.
- For those in the twilight of their lives, that their families and caregivers cherish them and care for them with tender compassion, rejecting the path to assisted dying. Let us pray to the Lord.
- Help us to realize the sacredness of human life and to respect it from the moment of conception until the last moment at death. We pray to the Lord.
- Give us courage to speak with truth and love and with conviction in defence of life. Help us to extend the gentle hand of mercy and forgiveness to those who do not reverence your gift of life. We pray to the Lord.
- That we receive pardon for the times we have failed to be grateful for your precious gift of life or to respect it in others. We pray to the Lord.
- Learn the truth about the impact of abortion and it's devastation on women, the unborn and our society.
- Read one of many powerful books by pro-life authors on how to respond to the illogical arguments of the pro-abortion movement.
- Check out the rest of this website and many others (for example: LifeSiteNews or Pro-Life in Canada); that document the medical and societal impacts of abortion.
- Find out the options available to those considering abortion so that you can refer them to those who care and will accurately inform them of their options.